How God is speaking to us...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This has been our prayer and God has graciously been giving us His incredible joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
It is also our prayer for you!




Wednesday 8 May 2013

GREAT NEWS!!

Our kids Tim and Kim in Regina just phoned tonight with wonderful news. Kim was to have an appointment with her oncologist tomorrow to get the results of her most recent bone scan and CT scan, so she's been on "pins and needles"--especially since both Bob and Jim have passed away from their cancers recently. Although her prognosis has always been much better, she naturally has been wondering whether she's "next" in the lineup to heaven.

Well, the nurse phoned today to reschedule Kim's appointment to Monday and Kim asked if she could give her the results of the tests on the phone and was told once again that she's ALL CLEAR!!! Isn't that just the most awesome news?? Just had to share it with you all so you can rejoice with us too and give thanks to the Lord.

I've been home now for a week, experiencing for the first time the full reality of Bob's passing. I'm missing him so much and the joy of sharing our lives together--just the very ordinary things that made our lives so rich--like conversation, eating together, reading and praying, going for walks, marvelling at the goodness of the Lord to us, dreaming about the future, and of course sharing the same bed. It's so true that God made us to have relationships and I'm so grateful for good friends and family who check in with me and remind me daily of their commitment to be present in my life.

I'm flying to Regina on Tuesday for a week and it will be SO good to be with our precious kids and grandkids. When I return, Bob's two sisters Vi and Lois are joining me for a three-day "Special Sisters" time in Victoria!! And later in June I plan to visit our kids in western NY and some good friends and cousins in ON. So my times alone at home will be nicely spaced with time away with family. I feel so very blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment