How God is speaking to us...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This has been our prayer and God has graciously been giving us His incredible joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
It is also our prayer for you!




Monday 9 September 2013

Home Sweet Home!

I flew home from OK on Saturday after spending almost six weeks there with Mom and Dad and the Bolerjacks. Barbie even flew down from Regina last week and we had a wonderful time together. Having always lived so far away from Buddy and Barb and their family, she was thrilled to reconnect with her cousins and aunt and uncle and especially being able to visit Grandpa and Grandma in their new home.




Our Vietnamese family from southern California also flew out for a few days. These are the two sisters, Bonnie and Lan, that Mom and Dad sponsored and took into their home and hearts way back in 1975 when they came as refugees to the US, along with two of Bonnie's children. Lan's husband Chris came as well. What a grand reunion we had--lots of laughter, tears, food, talking, and love!!




This has been a summer full of family gatherings, marred only by Bob's absence. I have missed his presence and companionship so much. And of course we all miss Jim. He was a very special brother to Barb and me and also our Vietnamese sisters, and the doting son of Mom and Dad. Sometimes I feel like I've got one foot in heaven and am ready to go, but asking the Lord for a new sense of purpose while I'm still here. An old gospel song, "Until Then", comes to mind often and has given me perspective on how to keep on living: "Until then, my heart will go on singing, Until then, with joy I'll carry on, Until the day my eyes behold that City, Until the day God calls me home"!!


I love having Barbie with me. We have grown very close in the past few years and even more so since together we walked with Bob through his final weeks. All the kids and grandkids are so loving and attentive and phone often and send emails. I'm hoping to go to western NY to be with David, Ann, and the boys the first week of October, and then to Regina to visit Tim, Kim, their four, and Barbie the second week of October. And we plan to spend Christmas all together in Regina.

Mom is feeling quite well these days, with no apparent sign of her cancer causing any immediate problems. We are so grateful to the Lord. Unless there is some major health concern with Mom and Dad, I won't likely go back to OKC until November. I plan to spend a few weeks there every few months.

Although it's been wonderful to be away with family, I'm so happy to be back in our little home, which we've called "Rekindle Inn". I have such happy memories of Bob and my shared life here and am loving being back in our neighbourhood and fellowshipping with my church family. Being here on Sunday was a special "feast" in every way. I am so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment