How God is speaking to us...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This has been our prayer and God has graciously been giving us His incredible joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
It is also our prayer for you!




Saturday 19 October 2013

Home once again

On Tuesday evening I returned home after two wonderful weeks with our children and grandchildren. It was pure delight to be with them all, but I was sure ready to come home for some rest!!

First of all I spent a week with David, Ann and the boys in Fredonia, NY. What a gift to be there to help celebrate David's 40th birthday on October 2nd and also attend a major recital featuring David and his piano professor colleague on the 4th. Even the Open House at Billy and Manny's school took place that week!! I loved being a silent listener to Ann giving the boys piano lessons and her always lovely playing at their church.





Then I flew to Regina for a week with Barbie, Tim, Kim, and the children. The weather was lovely and the harvest was over, but Tim and Kim were still incredibly busy getting their stable and barnyard ready for winter. I was able to see the kids in their classrooms at their school just west of the city in Grand Coulee. Kim is doing well and went to a horse show in Moose Jaw, winning first place in the class they entered!! That was a real celebration after all she's been through. And then we celebrated Thanksgiving together at Kim's mom's farm, who the kids affectionately call "Tractor Grandma"!!






While I was away, I received the news that the grave marker on Bob's grave had been installed and I was so eager to go and see it. So the morning after arriving home, I picked the last of my roses and took them to the cemetery to place them in the vase that is attached to the bronze stone. The kids and I are thrilled with the marker and its message for all to see that because Jesus is alive, those who trust Him will live also!! What a wonderful hope we have!!


No comments:

Post a Comment