How God is speaking to us...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This has been our prayer and God has graciously been giving us His incredible joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
It is also our prayer for you!




Wednesday 6 March 2013

Safely home!!

Bob made his entrance into heaven last night at 10:45, just about an hour after I updated our blog. It was very peaceful and we know he is with the Lord. Bob's two sisters, Barbie, and I were sitting in the living room enjoying a late evening cup of coffee and chat when Bob's breathing began to change and grow more shallow. He was gone in just a few minutes. But the consolation of it all is that he's free of pain and suffering and rejoicing in heaven with Jesus and his mom and dad.

So much has happened that is evidence of God's loving care surrounding this whole journey, and particularly the last few days. But time and energy don't permit the story telling yet.

Right now the four of us gals are sitting in the living room once again looking ahead to the next couple of weeks. Pastor Brian was here earlier this morning and brought strength, comfort, and godly wisdom and leadership in planning Bob's Memorial Service.

The service will take place in another two weeks--Friday, March 22nd--at Peace Portal Alliance Church. Details will follow.

You all have been companions on our journey and have made the trip so much easier with your love, support, and prayer. God has done "exceeding abundantly above all we could ask or think"--even in facing death.

6 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers from Karen and Ralph to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both rejoice and sorrow with you Carol. You will continue to be in our prayers. What an incredible life, what a gracious ending you gave him. Praying you will be comforted and strengthened in these days..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Carol. I've said this before and I will say it again, you are such an inspiration. My heart is sad for you as you mourn the loss of your husband and best friend. We have such fond memories of our time with you two at PCC. Bob was such a great man!
    Our deepest sympathy....Elaine & Howard Giesbrecht

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carol...my heart is so heavy for you, but so light for Bob. God is truly amazing and yet we sometimes say why.

    My dad died the day before my birthday, when I was 7 months pregnant and had to sleep in double bed with my husband and two girls as my mom didn't want to spend that first night alone, only to wake up to my birthday and it not being a celebration. God gave you that blessing of having a nice birthday with your friends (Chinese food and all), overall a pleasant day then chooses that evening to take Bob home (as I write this it would have been his 70th birthday...wow). So interesting to me, as my dad died 2 days after his birthday...God and His perfect timing.

    I just want you to know that we are thinking of you now in this most difficult time as even though we all know that Bob has been healed, we know that it time to focus on you and the family and friends who are left behind. We will continue to pray that God will surround you with His love and support through family and friends as you begin this next journey of your life.

    Greg and I won't be able to make it to the memorial service (as much as we would love to) but know that we are thinking of you and hope that you will continue your blog as I know that God is not finished with you, His faithful servant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I just want you to know that we join your many friends who are praying for you. May God give you strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete