How God is speaking to us...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This has been our prayer and God has graciously been giving us His incredible joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
It is also our prayer for you!




Tuesday 9 April 2013

Packing for my trip



Tonight I'm doing a job I've not often done before--pack my own suitcase!! Bob was the best packer in the world and would just tell me to spread all my clothes out on the bed and he'd pack them (perfectly, I might add) in the suitcase. I'm sure that when I unpack upon my arrival in OK tomorrow evening, there will be more wrinkles and jostling around of the contents than there ever was when Bob packed!! Oh how I miss him.

Of course he always packed his own suitcase, except on the last trip he took--on March the 5th. There was no need to gather his clothing and belongings as he would have no need of them. But a week or so later, I spread all of HIS clothes out on the bed and David and Tim gathered around the bed and tried their dad's clothes on and chose what they wanted--and each of them acquired a wonderful new wardrobe!! Bob really was a "snappy" dresser, as Barbie always said.




It's amazing that all of the shirts, sweaters, jackets, and even the shoes fit both boys!! David even inherited a couple of suits, after a little alteration in the waist of the slacks. Both of them are wearing their dad's clothes with a sense of honour, and receiving compliments on their good taste (or their dad's!!). But the sweetest outcome of this is that our grandchildren love to nuzzle their little noses into the fabric and remark with joy that they can smell "Papa"!!

In an earlier post on the blog I mentioned our granddaughter Gracyn's tears over her Papa's death, but also her delight at buying a brand new dress for Papa's funeral. Here she is dressed like a little princess that day, along with her little sister Mykenna.



Aren't they adorable?--and their mommy too!!

Please continue to pray for Kim. Although her oncologist pronounced her "cancer free" at her last check-up, she lives with the nagging fear that it may return. Every little ache or pain unsettles her, understandably so.

My brother Jim still needs prayer too. He was hoping to come up here for Bob's Memorial Service but hasn't been feeling well at all. He's having trouble eating and digesting his food and is down to 120 pounds!! He spent four days in the hospital last week as a CT scan revealed a blood clot near his heart as well as fluid on both his lungs and his abdomen. The fluid was drained and will be examined and he's on blood thinners to help dissolve the clot.

Thanks for continuing to support and pray for both Kim and Jim.

After spending a week with Mom and Dad in OK, I'll be flying to Regina for another week. Oh joy, oh delight!! I've had five days totally on my own, which I've really needed--to begin to process the reality of life without Bob. That will take a very long time I'm sure, but I'm happy now to once again be engaged with family, savouring every moment as a gift, just as Bob and I savoured every moment together in these past two years.




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that the Lord will continue to bless, heal and encourage you and your family :)
    -- John & Donna Barach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about you often Carol, hugs to you today. Enjoy that time you have with your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful pictures.Its looking very nice.


    Packers and Movers in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete